Particularly in stores with a smaller space available for health and beauty ranges, it is essential to have the best-selling brands so shoppers won’t be disappointed. Here, we take a look at some of the latest products and innovations driving sales
24 July 2020 | 0
For consumers looking to improve their physical or mental selves, health and beauty products are a good place to start. Growth in beauty and personal care performed positively in Ireland in 2019, according to data from Euromonitor Ireland*.
Sun care saw the strongest growth last year, driven by consumers’ growing awareness of the dangers of the sun, and the benefits of sun protection products. Natural and organic products drove further interest in the category. During lockdown, many shoppers of this category have used their extra time to finetune their skincare routines and have reported on social media forums that sticking to a daily routine helps them maintain a sense of normality and provides some comfort and reassurance; acting as a relatively inexpensive way to experience a little luxury. In fact, premium products are forecast to boost growth, as Irish consumers are expected to invest in higher quality, natural ingredients.
*(Source: Euromonitor, 2019: ‘Beauty and Personal Care in Ireland, June 2020’)
Complete face care
Pampering skin from start to finish, Nivea provides superior care with its complete cleansing range and innovative Q10 Power range. Consumers can start with the cleansing range for easy make-up removal, skin cleansing and care, then finish with the Q10 Power range to give skin a boost of Q10 and creatine to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
The innovative cleansing range delivers the most complete cleansing experience and helps to thoroughly cleanse the skin while gently caring and protecting its delicate moisture balance. The Nivea cleansing line is comprised of various formats to suit all cleansing preferences with dermatologically and ophthalmologically approved products.
- Daily Essentials Sensitive 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water– This award-winning product has an innovative formula which cleanses and removes make-up while moisturising the skin in one simple step. It respects the skin’s natural balance, requires no rinsing and is free of perfumes, colourants, and parabens, making it ideal for sensitive skin.
- Biodegradable Cleansing Wipes– Gently but effectively cleansing the skin while maintaining its natural balance, these wipes thoroughly remove face and eye make-up while providing the skin with refreshing moisture. These soft and gentle wipes are made with 100% renewable plant fibres, are biodegradable and are enriched with specially selected Organic Argan Oil and Organic Aloe Vera, ensuring they are suitable for even sensitive skin.
- Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover– This wonder product benefits from a gentle bi-phase formula which effectively dissolves eye make-up while caring for eyelashes and the delicate skin around eyes. The ‘oil phase’ is designed to remove waterproof mascara and eye make-up without irritation. The ‘aqueous phase’ is formulated to protect and care for lashes without leaving any oily residue. The highly effective yet caring formula is also enriched with cornflower extract which is known for its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties.
Bringing Q10 and Creatine to the forefront of consumers’ skin care routine, is Nivea Q10 Power – the most powerful anti-ageing range yet. With cell-active Q10 and 10 times more creatine than previous Q10 formulas, it’s clinically proven to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Nivea Q10 Power Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Day Cream
The innovative Q10 Power Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Day Cream replenishes the skin’s own nutrient reservoir with cell-active Q10. Its comprehensive UVA/UVB protection with SPF 15 guards skin from the damaging effects of sunlight.
- Nivea Q10 Power Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Night Cream
Helping to regenerate skin during sleep, the Q10 Power Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Night Cream works by replenishing the skin’s own nutrient reservoir with highly concentrated Creatine and Q10, providing the skin with intensive moisture.
- Nivea Q10 Power Anti-Wrinkle + Pore Refining Day Cream
Specially developed for combination skin, the Q10 Power Anti-Wrinkle + Pore Refining Day Cream is enriched with algae extract, helping to refine the skin to visibly minimise pores.
- Nivea Q10 Power Replenishing Serum Pearls
The Q10 Power Replenishing Serum Pearls are based on a unique, patented formula with Q10, Creatine and Hyaluronic Acid. When activated, the pearls fuse with the moisture gel, melting into a silky serum, allowing the innovative formula to penetrate the skin.
- Nivea Q10 Power Eye Cream
Helping to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, the Q10 Power Eye Cream firms the skin around the eyes and visibly alleviates dark circles, for noticeably smoother and brighter skin around the eyes.
- Nivea Q10 Power Sleeping Melt-In Mask
Providing skin with overnight nourishment when used two to three times a week, the Q10 Power Sleeping Melt-In Mask is fast absorbing with a velvety formula that leaves skin with a healthy glow.
Now “better than ever before,” L’Oréal Paris has upgraded its best-selling Lash Paradise mascara.
L’Oréal Paris has made changes to the mascara’s wiper. Although the ring inside the mascara tube’s mouth is the smallest part, according to L’Oréal, it is crucial to a mascara’s performance as it determines how much formula goes onto lashes. With the new and improved wiper, the company says each flick remains fresh from opening until final application.
Changes were also made to its formula. The blend of gentle oils and an upgraded soft-glide formula means that application is even more effortless. The formula offers the same instant volume with a feathery-soft application, even on sensitive eyes: lash-loving castor oil for encouragement of lash growth, soothing cornflower water to respect sensitive eyes and nourishing rose oil for instant volume in one easy swipe.
Keeping the same beloved brush with its alternating straight and wavy fibres for maximum impact in one instant sweep, Lash Paradise’s loyal followers will not be disappointed with its new and updated look.
With one sold every minute in the UK and Ireland, L’Oréal Paris acknowledges that upgrading a beloved product can be daunting. However, the research speaks for itself. Instrumental testing over an eight-week period measured a +98% lengthening effect, 93% found that their lashes were more voluminous and had a +98% lengthening effect.
The new wiper means that Lash Paradise stays fresh after each use and has proven to glide onto the lashes more smoothly, making it even easier to apply whilst maintaining the same, beloved volume result.
L’Oréal Paris Lash Paradise is available in Black, Intense Black, Waterproof Black, Brown and Primer nationwide at the end of this month (RRP: €16.50).