Shortlist for Bord Bia’s Food & Drink Awards 2015 announced
27 companies shortlisted for demonstrating excellence within the Irish food and drink industry
30 October 2015
Bord Bia has today announced the shortlist for the 2015 Food& Drink Awards which will take place on Thursday, 12 November in The Mansion House, Dublin. The awards, which take place every two years, are designed to acknowledge and reward excellence within the Irish food and drink industry. From over 160 entries, 27 companies were shortlisted in eight categories: Branding, Consumer Insight, Sustainability, Digital Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Export Development, Innovation and Success at Home.
Award winners will be announced at Bord Bia’s Annual Brand Forum dinner which will be attended by more than 300 industry representatives. The Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Simon Coveney, will present the awards, which will be MC’d by RTE’s Keelin Shanley. Guest speaker at the awards ceremony will be Joe Schmidt, the Irish rugby team’s head coach.
Consumer Insight Award
Success at Home Award
Award applications, received during Summer 2015, were assessed by a judging panel comprised of 10 leading experts from a cross-section of industries. Over 160 applications were received and following a comprehensive judging process, including a presentation to a panel of judges, the shortlisted companies have been selected.
- Dr. Gordon R. Campbell, managing director, Spar International
- David Cotter, country manager, Procter & Gamble Ireland
- John Fanning, chairman, Bord Bia’s Brand Forum
- Martina McDonnell, head of SMB Marketing, EMEA, Facebook
- Joe Ballantyne, associate director, The Futures Company (UK based research agency)
- Gary Flynn, director, UK & Ireland Large Customer Service, Google
- Martin Chilcott, founder and CEO, 2degrees (sustainable development agency based in London)
- Matt Dempsey, chairman, The Agricultural Trust and former editor of The Irish Farmers Journal
- Helen King, director consumer insight, Bord Bia
- Heather Ann McSharry, former managing director, Reckitt Benckiser Ireland