Musgrave MarketPlace ready with consumers’ festive favourites
As the christmas shopping season roars into life, Musgrave MarketPlace has published new figures on the soaring sales of snacks and treats at this time of years. According to the wholesaler, sales of crisps, chocolates and treats will increase by 6% between now and the end of December.
19 November 2019 | 0
Christmas is a time for families and gifts, the season to be merry, but it’s also the season for stocking up on favourite Christmas treats! Irish people love nothing more than indulging at this time of year, illustrated this week by Musgrave MarketPlace’s new figures that predict sales of crisps, chocolate and biscuits will increase by 6% in the coming weeks.
The predictions are part of the wholesale provider’s Christmas Made campaign, highlighting its comprehensive Christmas offering that has the entire season covered under one roof.
Musgrave’s predictions on the soaring sales of treats amount to the following:
- 1 million Jacob’s Biscuits and 100,000 Jaffa Cakes will be purchased this Christmas
- Almost 840,000 bags of Tayto crisps will be sold in branch over the coming weeks
- 29,200 tubs and bags of Cadbury’s Roses will be purchased in Musgrave MarketPlace across the festive season
- 29,728 boxes of Dairy Box, which equates to almost 1,200,000 sweets which will be bought at Musgrave MarketPlace
- 46,000 boxes of Milk Tray will be snapped up by Musgrave MarketPlace customers
Commenting on the seasonal stats, Ciara McClafferty, trading director at Musgrave MarketPlace, said that while Christmas is a time for tradition, friends and family, it is also a time for food. “In keeping with previous years,” McClafferty said, “we predict a seasonal spike in confectionery sales of 6%. We are fully stocked up on all Christmas treats for 2019 and look forward to welcoming our customers in our branches over the next few weeks.”