Guaranteed Irish appoints Jason Crawford to appraisals board
Bringing with him "a wealth of professional and personal experience of working with Irish companies of all shapes and sizes", Jason Crawford will join the appraisals board, which ensures the high standards and reputation of the Guaranteed Irish symbol are maintained
17 January 2019
Guaranteed Irish, the not-for-profit business membership organisation championing more than 500 homegrown and international businesses in Ireland, has appointed Grant Thornton’s Jason Crawford to its appraisals board.
The group’s appraisals board reviews all applications made by businesses for the Guaranteed Irish licence, and the use of the Guaranteed Irish symbol. Applications are reviewed monthly and assessed to provide evidence of delivering quality Irish jobs, supporting local communities and a commitment to Irish provenance.
The process is open to all indigenous and international companies based in Ireland, with only member companies being permitted to display the iconic Guaranteed Irish symbol.
A partner at Grant Thornton, Jason Crawford has over 22 years’ experience in providing audit and assurance, as well as technical accounting advisory services to both domestic private corporates and international multi-jurisdiction organisations. His expertise spans a range of sectors including agri-food, retail, construction, technology, education and industrial products.
Crawford joins three other members of the Guaranteed Irish appraisals board:
- Caroline Geoghegan, managing director of CG Business Consulting and an experienced ISO and international certification consultant
- Fergal O’Byrne, head of business excellence certification at the National Standards Authority of Ireland
- Brid O’Connell, CEO of Guaranteed Irish
Members of Guaranteed Irish also benefit from the expertise and collective experience of its board of directors, comprised of senior Irish industry and business leaders:
- Martin Kelleher, managing director, Musgrave Retail Partners Ireland
- Carmel Logan, tax partner, KPMG Ireland
- Mike Quinn, CEO, Ervia
- Mark Keller, head of sales and marketing, Dairygold
- Paddy Kelly, managing director, Tegral Building Ltd.
- Ger Brennan, managing director, MSD Ireland
- Michael Jackson, managing partner, Matheson
Brid O’Connell, CEO of Guaranteed Irish, welcomed Crawford’s appointment, noting that he “brings with him a wealth of professional and personal experience of working with Irish companies of all shapes and sizes”.