Shortlist announced for Small Producer of the Year at Irish Quality Food Awards
Award winner will receive the opportunity to work directly with the Simply Better development and buying team to launch their brand with Dunnes Stores
4 August 2016
The shortlist has been announced in one of the most hotly anticipated categories in the Irish Quality Food Awards. All Small Producer entries into the food awards were judged by a team from Dunnes Stores, from which the expert panel has selected a shortlist of seven, each hoping to win a coveted Q Award and the opportunity to work with sponsor Dunnes Stores Simply Better.
The shortlist is as follows:
- Chicken Lickin Casserole 7+ months – Pip and Pear (Co. Waterford)
- Date & Banana Toasted Muesli – Maria Lucia Bakes (Dublin)
- Indian Spiced Pineapple Chutney – Erin Grove Preserves (Co. Fermanagh)
- Orange, Mango and Gin Marshmallow – Camran Crafts (Co. Antrim)
- Outdoor Oinks Oak Smoked Back Rashers / AP Fine Foods (Co. Kildare)
- Rum Butterscotch Sauce – Royal County Puddings (Co. Meath)
- Traditional Homemade White Pudding – Meeres Pork Products (Co. Clare)
The accolades organised by Metropolis Business Media and now in their fourth year, set out to recognise excellence in food and drink product development from companies across the island of Ireland. In addition to the award, the eventual winner of Small Producer of the Year will receive the opportunity to work directly with the Simply Better development and buying team to launch their brand with Dunnes Stores.
The initial judging took place in July at the Dublin Institute of Technology’s School of Culinary Arts and Food Technology, where entries were assessed on quality, taste, aroma, price point, innovation, packaging, ingredients and aims in the market.
The shortlisted products will now undergo further tasting by the Dunnes Stores Simply Better team and a guest celebrity judge. An eventual winner will be announced at a gala dinner in the Round Room at The Mansion House in Dublin on 8 September 2016.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and competitions via the IQFA Facebook page at www.facebook.com/IrishQualityFoodAwards and on Twitter @IrishQFAs.