Clonakilty launches new Blackpudding Sausages - and other news for FMCG marketers - for the week 17/04/2017 - 21/04/2017
21 April 2017 | 0
Clonakilty launches new Blackpudding Sausages
Fans of Clonakilty Sausages and Clonakilty Blackpudding are in for a special treat. Clonakilty Food Co. has launched new Blackpudding Sausages, combining the two popular products. The recipe for Clonakilty Blackpudding was first created in Edward Twomey’s butcher shop at 16 Pearse Street Clonakilty in the1880s. Today, the Twomeys continue to combine tradition with innovation. The Clonakilty Blackpudding Sausages will be stocked in 75 Tesco stores, a range of independents and other leading Irish retailers in the months ahead.
For more, visit www.clonakiltyblackpudding.ie.
Jamie Heaslip launches new healthy drinks range
C7 Brands Ltd, the UK subsidiary of Irish-based Prime Active Capital plc, is launching a range of sparkling coconut water drinks, spearheaded by Irish rugby legend Jamie Heaslip. CocoFuzion100 is a naturally-flavoured 100% organic young coconut water. Bottled within hours of harvesting, it contains all the natural electrolytes and has no added sugar.
The Fuzion100 range will start distribution this month with Johnson Brothers to over 1,000 stores across BWG and the Musgrave Group, with more announcements expected. The 250ml beverage is available in four flavours; Natural, Raspberry, Mango and Lime, with an RRP of €1.79.
For more information on CocoFuzion100 logo on to www.fuzion100.ie and follow @Fuzion100ire on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Two-time Olympian Natalya Coyle reappointed Aramark’s health and wellness ambassador
Irish Olympian Natalya Coyle is to continue in her role as health & wellness ambassador with Aramark, the global provider of award-winning services in food, facilities management and property, working with the company to promote healthy lifestyle choices in workplaces across Ireland. The 26-year-old is the first Irish woman to represent Ireland in the modern pentathlon. Coyle finished ninth in the 2012 London Olympics and finished a credible seventh at the Rio Olympics in 2016. Her role will align with Alan Quinlan’s position as a fellow Aramark health and wellness ambassador.
Maxol sponsors Irish University Rugby team in thrilling clash with England
Maxol continued its longstanding partnership of over two decades with Irish University Rugby by sponsoring the Irish team’s jerseys for their third level international rugby meeting at Oxford University RFC recently. This year’s encounter saw the Irish students play out a sensational 36-36 draw with their English counterparts. The revival of third level international representative rugby continues from its reintroduction in 2016 with Maxol “delighted to play a supporting role”.
WellFest timetable details revealed
WellFest – Ireland’s only health, fitness and wellness festival – has now announced full details of its schedule. Taking place over two days, on 6-7 May, in Dublin’s Herbert Park, the festival in association with KBC will host some of the world’s best-known health and fitness stars for talks, interactive classes and demonstrations.
Not to Be Missed
On Saturday, 6 May, presenters not to be missed at WellFest will include:
- WellStage, 11.00 – 11.40am: Instagram Yoga sensation duo GypsyOn.
- WellStage, 12.00 – 12.40pm: International health and fitness icon, Joe Wicks ‘The Body Coach’.
- WellFood, 1 – 1.40pm: Cooking demo with Lucy Bee.
- WellTalk, 4.00 – 4.50pm: Q&A session with John Kavanagh, coach to MMA superstar Conor McGregor.
- WellStage, 4.00 – 5.30pm: Kathryn Thomas, founder of Pure Results Bootcamp, Ireland’s premier all-inclusive fitness retreat and weight-loss bootcamp.
- WellFood, 5 – 6pm: Cooking demo with healthy eating guru and founder of Natural Born Feeder, Roz Purcell.
For the second day of WellFest, Sunday, 7 May, programme highlights include:
- WellStrong, 10.40 – 11.20am: The Fit Foodie Power House with Derval O’Rourke.
- WellStage, 11.00 – 11.40am: Bootcamp with Pat Divilly, who runs Ireland’s most successful personal training empire.
- WellFood, 12.00 – 12.40pm: Healthy food enthusiasts The Happy Pear.
- WellStage, 1.00 – 1.40pm: ‘Vertue Method Bodyweight Blast’ with PT, author and yoga teacher Shona Vertue.
- WellTalk, 1.00 – 1.40pm: London based PT and doctor, The Food Medic.
- WellStage, 2.00 – 2.45pm: Master Trainer of the renowned Barry’s Bootcamp – Faisal Abdalla.
Stylish line-up of judges turns out for Bollinger Best Dressed Lady Competition at Punchestown Festival
No stone is being left unturned when it comes to the judges for the Bollinger Best Dressed Lady Competition at the Punchestown Festival, with no less than 15 personalities engaged. Daily judging panels will consist of a celebrity judge, a fashion editor or blogger, a racing WAG and sponsor’s representative. This unique combination of celebrity style know-how and race day appropriate fashion expertise is sure to see a most deserved winner deemed best dressed.
The grand final on Friday 28th will be judged by the gorgeous Vogue Williams, Heather de Bromhead the super stylish wife of horse trainer Henry de Bromhead, Irish Independent Fashion Editor, Bairbre Power and Bollinger’s very own Bastien Mariani. The Punchestown Festival takes place from Tuesday, 25 to Saturday, 29 April 2017.