Frank and Honest launches new aluminium capsules range
23 July 2020
Frank and Honest has announced the launch of its new range of plastic-free aluminium coffee capsules.
The new aluminium capsules are available in SuperValu and Centra stores nationwide at an RRP of €3.50 and are available in five flavours:
- Frank and Honest Single Origin
- Frank and Honest Ristretto
- Frank and Honest Lungo
- Frank and Honest Dark Roast
- Frank and Honest Espresso
Using aluminium in capsules reduces the products environmental footprint as it’s lightweight and recyclable but it also significantly improves the quality of the coffee as it’s airtight – it keeps the ground coffee inside fresh for longer and fully protects it from moisture, oxygen, light and heat. This improves in-cup quality, so your coffee always tastes great. The new aluminium capsules are also compatible with all generation Nespresso machines excluding Nespresso Vertuo.
How to recycle Frank and Honest Aluminium Capsules
When it comes to recycling Frank and Honest Aluminium Capsules, there are two options:
1) DIY Method:
- After using the capsule, leave it to cool down fully
- Remove the lid (this can be cut off with a scissors)
- Empty the coffee out. The grounds can go into compost/brown bin or used in your garden
- Rinse the aluminium capsule and lid. These can go into recycling/green bin
2) Purchase a Dualit Recycler:
- These are simple to use and available to purchase in selected SuperValu and Centra stores. For more information, visit the Dualit website.
From bean to cup, Frank and Honest’s sustainability credentials are taken into consideration and the coffee company has put processes in place to ensure it looks at sustainable optimal solutions for each stage of its coffee making journey.