Details of ‘Latte Levy’ announced to retailers
The Latte Levy which will be 20 cent per single use cup, is due to be implemented on 1 December 2022
22 June 2022 | 0
The Convenience Stores and Newsagents Association (CSNA) has revealed details surrounding the ‘Latte Levy’ which is due to be implemented on 1 December of this year.
The CSNA reports that at a briefing given by officials from Minister Eamon Ryan’s Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications, the following provisions were disclosed:
- The levy will apply to ‘hot beverage single-use cups only in 2022’.
- The levy will be 20 cent.
- There will be a public education and awareness campaign.
- It is payable by the person selling the goods/products.
- The implementation date is 1 December 2022.
- This is not applicable at wholesale level, payable at point of sale.
- Revenue will be the collectors of the levy – identical arrangements as plastic bag levy (annual filing allowed only if they pay less that €1,000 in total over four consecutive quarters).