Celebrate International Rosé Day with Aldi
International Rosé Day gives rosé fans the perfect excuse to enjoy a glass of the drink
10 June 2020
With International Rosé Day set to take place on 26 June, Aldi’s wine expert Tom Doorley has unveiled his top tasting notes and perfect food pairings for the drink.
The following products and are on sale in 142 Aldi stores nationwide now:
- Castellore Sparkling Rosé Can €1.99 per 20cl – ABV 10% – A refreshing drink with the summery smell of strawberries and scents of peach.
- Zero Point Zero Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Rosé €2.99 per 75cl – ABV 0.05% – Alcohol free and not too sweet, this refreshing fizz is all about juicy raspberry flavours. Have it with macarons or raspberry Pavlova.
- Featherweight White Zinfandel €4.49 per 75cl – ABV 5.5% – The Featherweight White Zinfandel is an expertly crafted blend using Californian White Zinfandel grapes, with a beautifully natural, vibrant pink colour and luscious, fresh strawberry aromas. The wine has a lively and full flavour of fruit juices. At only 5.5% ABV, it is the perfect aperitif and a great companion to fruity desserts.
- Pedro Luis Spanish Monastrell Rosé €7.49 per 75cl – ABV 12.5% – Black cherries and a hint of spice make this deeply coloured and properly dry rosé and good match for roast chicken or barbecued pork.
- Estevez Chilean Colchagua Rosé €7.99 per 75cl – ABV 12.5% – Salmon pink with crisp acidity but a touch of sweetness, this Chilean pink is simply made for spicy dishes, especially creamy ones.
- Specially Selected Costières de Nîmes Rosé €7.99 per 75cl – ABV 13% – The real rosé of the Med, this is summer in a bottle. Grenache, Syrah and Cinsault create this dry, zesty rosé that has enough oomph to deal with meaty barbecues. Best served at 10 – 12 degrees.
- Pierre Jaurant Comté Tolosan Rosé €7.99 per 75cl – ABV 11.5% -This dry, southern French rosé is all about red berries, especially currants. Dry, zingy, zesty, fresh, it’s can even handle harissa but it’s made for seafood.
- Pierre Jaurant Languedoc Rosé €8.99 per 75cl – ABV 12.5% – Fruity, fragrant and quite dry, this is the pink expression of the Pays d’Oc, perfect as an aperitif with olives or with salads, especially the egg, olives and tuna of a salade Niçoise.
- Specially Selected Coteaux Varois en Provence Rosé €9.99 per 75cl – ABV 12.5% – Crafted in the heart of Provence, this dry rosé displays elegantly delicate layers of strawberry, red cherry and raspberry flavours with a delicate note of herbs. Perfect as an aperitif, it also airs excellently with fish, grilled meat and vegetables.
- Castellore Organico Sparkling Rosé €11.99 per 75cl. – ABV 11.5% – Grown using organic methods, the grapes used for this Vino Rosé Spumante result in aromas of strawberry, cranberry and notes of cherry. Crisp acidity and a fine mousse balance well within the ripeness of the crushed berry flavours.
- Fleurs de Prairie Sparkling Rosé €12.99 per 75cl – ABV 12% – Fun fizz with just the faintest hint of sweetness and masses of Provençale sunshine. Strawberry fruit with a dry finish. Enjoy with olives, simply cooked fish or prawn cocktail.
Rosé is one of the oldest known type of wine and well known as the drink of the summer. Generally made from red grapes, rosé wines are lighter than red wine and deeper than white wine. The pink hue of rosé wine depends on the time the grape skin stays in contact with the juice, also known as maceration. A versatile wine, rosé wines can also be semi-sparkling or sparkling, with different intensities of sweetness levels and dryness.