Top Centra and SuperValu off-licences revealed
Off-Licences from around Ireland gather at the Edward Dillon & Santa Rita Estates Supervalu and Centra Off Licence Of The Year Awards
18 November 2016
The top Centra and SuperValu off-licence teams from across Ireland gathered on Thursday, 10 November for the Edward Dillon & Santa Rita Estates SuperValu and Centra Off-Licence of the Year Awards.
On arrival at the Castleknock Hotel & Country Club in Dublin, guests were treated to a cocktail reception with drinks from Bombay Sapphire, Jack Daniels and Martini, accompanied by a selection of canapés. Magician, Shane Black, was also on hand with a few tricks up his sleeve.
Hosts on the night, CEO of Edward Dillon, Andy O’Hara, category manager at Musgrave Retail Partners Ireland, Donagh McClafferty, and Tom Gaskin of Santa Rita Estates, welcomed guests before they enjoyed a four course dinner. The evening was MC’d by RTE radio presenter, Shay Byrne, with entertainment provided by comedian Alan Shortt.
The winners were:
- Overall Winner of SuperValu Off Licence of the Year: SuperValu, Rock Street, Tralee, Co. Kerry
- SuperValu Large Store Winner: SuperValu, Blackrock Road, Blackrock, Co. Dublin
- SuperValu Medium Store Winner: SuperValu, Long Quay, Kinsale, Co. Cork
- SuperValu Small Store Winner: SuperValu, Sarsfield Street, Kilmallock, Co. Limerick
- Winner of Centra Neighbourhood Supermarket Off Licence of the Year: Centra, Maugheraboy, Co. Sligo
- Runner Up in Centra Neighbourhood Supermarket Off Licence of the Year: Centra, Main Street, Dingle, Co. Kerry
- Winner of Centra Convenience Store Off Licence of the Year: Centra, Dublin Road, Castletroy, Co. Limerick
- Winner of Centra Wine Store of the Year: Centra, Point Road, Crosshaven, Co. Cork
The overall winner and category winners of the Edward Dillon & Santa Rita Estates SuperValu and Centra Off Licence of the Year Awards won a luxurious trip to Nashville, and all finalists received a certificate of achievement on the night.
Speaking at the event, Andy O’Hara, CEO of Edward Dillon, said: “We would like to extend our congratulations to SuperValu Tralee, the overall winner, and all other winners for reaching such a high standard in their stores. We would also like to say well done to all finalists for taking part this year.”