Musgrave MarketPlace unveils ‘cash and carry of the future’ in Ballymun
17 November 2016
Musgrave MarketPlace has unveiled a €2.2m upgraded Ballymun store, in a move described as “part of an ongoing commitment to deliver first class customer service experience and unrivalled product offerings”.
At 75,000 sq ft overall, the new Ballymum store located off St Margaret’s Road, has increased in size by 20% and positions itself as the ‘cash and carry of the future. It now offers a range of new speciality areas and state-of-the art technology for retail and foodservice customers. They will now avail of free wifi, self-scan store entry and touchscreens which have been installed throughout the cash and carry to provide access to the wider range available from the central distribution warehouse in Blanchardstown.
Currently, the store employs 65 staff and as part of the upgrade, it has established three new roles to ensure customers receive expert information from trusted advisors. These newly created positions will be created within the areas of fresh food, alcohol and non-food.
The store boasts a range of new and innovative features, including:
- Specialist meat, fish, cheese and fruit and vegetable counters with in-store experts happy to advise on the latest culinary trends. The Ballymun store will have its own in-branch butcher to cut meat to specification and will also offer a maturation service to provide customers with bespoke product. Leading seafood provider Oceanpath has also partnered with Musgrave MarketPlace to deliver the freshest seasonal fish and shellfish on a daily basis. The newly extended product range will include fresh mussels, oysters, scallops, Dublin bay prawns and gambas.
- In-line with the growing coffee consumption trend, a new coffee concession by Capitol Coffee features in the new store providing equipment, beans and cleaning materials in a one solution offering. Musgrave MarketPlace has also sourced two exclusive blends from Foodservice Academy supplier, Coffee House Lane. Customers can also enjoy a complimentary cup of coffee in-store while they shop.
- A state-of-the-art food theatre to showcase the Musgrave MarketPlace offerings for customers tailored classes will be hosted in this area aimed at creating menu solutions for customers with a full-time expert chef. Bespoke masterclasses can be provided for customers and their teams in the theatre and live demonstrations will also be hosted on Musgrave MarketPlace social media channels.
- A new alcohol department featuring a wide variety of products including over 80 new premium spirits, exclusive retail and restaurant wines, an array of craft and world beers and everything needed for cocktail concoctions. It also comes equipped with a tasting area, allowing customers to sample the various ranges and an alcohol expert will be on hand to inform and assist customers to make the best choices for their business.
- Hundreds of new products will be available in the upgraded store as well as online access to the full range. These have been selected based on extensive international and local food trends research commissioned by Musgrave MarketPlace to ensure customers are provided with the most up-to-date range
Noel Keeley, managing director of Musgrave Wholesale Partners said the refurbishment “is testament to our brand promise of ‘first for value, first for choice and first for service'” and that the brand is “excited to build on the 39-year heritage and success of our Ballymun store for the future”. Refurbishments across all branches nationwide have been pledged as part of an “ongoing commitment”.