Musgrave honours 2018 heroes at gala dinner
25 January 2019 | 0
The third annual Musgrave Heroes awards were celebrated at a gala dinner last Wednesday at the Powerscourt Hotel, Co Wicklow, with Ireland’s leading retail group honouring its Overall Hero and inspirational heroes across eight various categories. The theme for this year’s awards is ‘Inspirational Musgrave Heroes’.
Launched as part of Musgrave’s 140-year anniversary celebrations in 2016, the awards give colleagues across the Musgrave network an opportunity to nominate someone who they feel brings the Musgrave brand values and culture to life every day.
This year, John Cooney, trading manager, Musgrave Cork was named as Overall Hero for 2018. John Cooney also received the Customer’s Hero title, while two of his colleagues in Musgrave Cork were also named as inspirational heroes.
Hundreds of peer nominations were received from throughout the company with candidates selected by how they inspire their colleagues through their everyday actions and how their contribution has a positive contribution on making Musgrave a great place to work.
This year, 40 finalists were selected across eight categories, with five finalists in each category which reflected their individual strengths. The competition culminated in eight category winners and one overall winner announced for the first time at the gala event.
“As Ireland’s largest private-sector employer, our colleagues are incredibly important to us and the future success of our business,” said Chris Martin, Musgrave CEO. “These awards were established in 2016 as we celebrated our 140 years in business, and each year we continue to recognise colleagues who are the beating heart of our business. I am delighted to acknowledge the efforts of this year’s inspirational recipients.”
The Musgrave Heroes Category Winners are:
- Best Personal Achievement – Paula Flanagan, Trading Services Manager -Musgrave NI Belfast (front row, 2nd right)
- Best Stretch Achievement – Simon Ling, Foodservice Sales Manager – Musgrave NI Belfast (back row, 4th right)
- Leading in the Community – Amy Martin, Receptionist – Musgrave Marketplace, Galway (back row, 1st right)
- Magical Thinking Brought to Life – Robbie Corrigan, Senior Engineer, IT, Musgrave Cork (not pictured)
- Most Heroic Action – Pawel Wajdzik, Depot Operative and Trainer, Musgrave Kilcock (not pictured)
- Most Inspiring Personality – Heidi Fitzgerald, HR Manager, Musgrave Lucan, (back row, 5th left)
- The Customer’s Hero – John Cooney, Trading Manager Musgrave Cork (front row, 5th left)
- Best Brand Ambassador – Clodagh Thompson, Communications, Musgrave Cork (front row, 7th left)