Britvic Ireland awarded Origin Green Gold Membership for 2021
Drinks manufacturer has made breakthroughs in sustainability across all areas of its portfolio
30 September 2021 | 0
Britvic Ireland, the largest soft drinks manufacturer in the Republic of Ireland, has been awarded Origin Green Gold Membership for 2021.
The company joins a committed group of leading food and drink companies who have been recognised and celebrated by Bord Bia’s Origin Green programme for excelling in their sustainability targets and demonstrating best-in-class environmental performance among their peers.
Since first achieving Origin Green accreditation Britvic Ireland has made major breakthroughs in sustainability across all areas of the portfolio including:
- Reducing Sugar: 43% reduction in calories per serve achieved through a combination of sugar reduction, consumer education and the launch of delicious low sugar options such as Club Zero.
- Reducing Waste: Achieving zero waste to landfill across its sites.
- Reducing Emissions: A move to 100% renewable electricity in manufacturing.
- Reducing Water: 25% reduction in water footprint.
- Supporting Packaging Circularity: Achieving 100% recyclable consumer packaging and step-changing the use of recycled materials with Ballygowan in 100% recycled PET bottles.
- Supporting Local Communities: Providing meaningful support to a variety of local charities and grassroots sport including raising an amazing €2.8million to date through the Miwadi Trick or Treat for Temple Street campaign.
Kevin Donnelly, managing director, Britvic Ireland, paid tribute to the team effort involved in achieving the award.
“It’s a privilege to receive gold accreditation and a recognition of the hard work of the whole team at Britvic Ireland,” Donnelly said. “We have set exacting sustainability targets, which are transforming every aspect of our business. Today’s award gives us encouragement that we are on the right path to achieving our goals.”