Today’s Women in Grocery 2019 luncheon confirmed
Today’s Women in Grocery, a sub-committee of the Irish Grocers Benevolent Fund, has revealed the inspiring line-up that will address a 460-strong gathering of leading figures in Ireland’s grocery, food and retail sectors at this year's annual networking luncheon 2019 at the Intercontinental Hotel, Dublin on Friday, 3 May.
26 March 2019 | 0
The fourth annual Today’s Women in Grocery luncheon will take place at Dublin’s Intercontinental Hotel on 3 May 2019. This year’s event is kindly supported by main sponsors Musgrave MarketPlace, Mars, CPM and LR Suntory and will continue to feature the now legendary after lunch gin-wag in the Ice Bar. The uplifting ‘Power of You’ theme for 2019 sets the scene for what will be an afternoon of inspiring contributions from a panel of business leaders from the FMCG sector and beyond, MC’d by Sonya Lennon, including;
- Keynote speaker Fiona Dawson, Global President of Mars Food, Multisales and Global Customers, and a member of the Mars Incorporated Leadership Team;
- Kari Daniels, the new Chief Executive of Tesco Ireland and the first female President of Appeals for the Irish Grocers Benevolent Fund;
- Carolan Lennon, the first female Chief Executive Officer of Eir appointed in April 2018;
- Suzanne Jackson, award-winning blogger turned businesswoman and the brains behind one of Ireland’s leading fashion, beauty and lifestyle blogs SoSueMe.ie and the bestselling beauty brand, SOSU by Suzanne Jackson
- John Ryan, CEO of the Great Place to Work Institute Ireland, which focuses on assisting organisations to create high performing workplaces
Sharon Yourell-Lawlor, Chair of Today’s Women in Grocery and MD of Think, Plan, Do Consulting, says the ‘Power of You’ theme is fitting for the 2019 TWIG luncheon. “Our focus in 2019 is encouraging women in our industry to unlock the ‘Power of You’,” she said. “This means empowering them to take control of their careers, identifying the direction they want it to take and making it happen.
“The calibre of inspiring women we have speaking at the event are phenomenal examples of women who built their careers with care and confidence,” she added. “We are on a mission to provoke our 460 attendees to unlock their personal power and map out a journey to senior leadership positions within their companies.”