Danone Actimel embraces winter with new out-of-home (OOH) campaign - and other news for FMCG marketers - for the week 23/01/2017 - 27/01/2017
27 January 2017 | 0
Danone Actimel embraces winter with new out-of-home (OOH) campaign
Kinetic and Mindshare, have teamed up with Ireland’s favourite breakfast probiotic yogurt Danone Actimel, to promote its new campaign ‘Embrace Winter’. The innovative campaign aims to connect with commuters and educate them on the benefits of starting each day with an Actimel and will be running across January.
The OOH campaign includes a full Luas takeover campaign. An external tram wrap and internal Luas domination has been strategically placed on the Red Line, which features messages of encouragement, including #staystrong and ‘Embrace Winter’. Eye-catching Danone Actimel branded kiosks will also be set-up at major Luas stations. In addition to this, brand ambassadors will be on hand each morning to help consumers start their day with a tasty sample of Danone Actimel.
KitKat to kick off 2017 with personalised packs
Nestlé Confectionery’s KitKat is kicking off 2017 by giving consumers the chance to win their very own personalised KitKat pack as part of an innovative new promotion. The promotion features across a range of KitKat packs, including 4 Finger and Chunky singles, multipacks and 2 Finger biscuit packs. Prizes can be won from 1 February 2017, with 1,000 winning packs up for grabs every day until 29 March 2017. Winners will be able to upload a photo on to the bar’s wrapper and add whose break it is, eg, Ian’s Break.
Bike schemes facilitated almost five million journeys in 2016 in partnership with Coca-Cola Zero Sugar
New statistics released today show strong uptake of the five city bikes schemes delivered in partnership with Coca-Cola Zero Sugar in Ireland and Northern Ireland. 2016 saw a total of 4,903,851 journeys take place across the schemes in Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway and Limerick, which now have a total of 91,850 subscribers – up from 74,740 at the end of 2015. Impressively, over 40 million kilometres have been cycled on the five schemes since they were established, equating to a distance of approximately 1,000 round-trips of the earth.
Fyffes to support performance arts summer camps
Banana importer Fyffes is to renew its support for Starcamp, Ireland’s nationwide children’s performing arts network, which plans to host summer camps in over 180 towns across 32 counties next July and August. Praising the success it has become, Fyffes sales and marketing manager Emma Hunt-Duffy said: “Starcamp compliments our recently introduced ‘Discover More’ programme – a two-fold initiative – designed to educate young people about the natural qualities of fruit, whilst at the same time encouraging children to discover their talents and develop a sense of adventure and creativity,” she adds.
Interested parents can obtain further information on the website starcamp.ie.
Rajen Subramamiam wins Manager of the Year at the Supermac’s All Stars Awards
Ciarán Stewart was named ‘Franchisee of the Year’ and Rajen Subramamiam picked up the coveted ‘Manager of the Year’ Award at the Supermac’s All Stars Awards event in the Loughrea Hotel and Spa on Tuesday, 24 January. Ciaran operates stores in Tullamore, Navan and Drogheda while Rajen is the manager at the Supermac’s Eyre Square branch. They received their awards for outstanding achievement in service, operations, marketing and public relations. In all there were 18 awards handed out on the night covering Supermac’s, Papa John’s and SuperSubs.
Full list of winners:
- Sales Performance of the Year (Company Outlet) – Barack Obama Plaza.
- Sales Performance of the Year (Franchised Outlet – Supermac’s, Dublin Rd, Carlow.
- Best Customer Service (Company Outlet) – Supermac’s, Portlaoise.
- Best Customer Service (Franchised Outlet) – Supermac’s, Trim.
- Local Store Marketing (Company) – Supermac’s, Shannon.
- Local Store Marketing (Franchised) – Supermac’s, Ballindine/Ballinrobe/Claremorris.
- Company Outlet of the Year (Operations) – Supermac’s, O’ Connell St, Dublin.
- Franchised Outlet of the Year (Operations) – Supermac’s, Carrick On Shannon.
- Customer Service People of the Year – Elena Dragulin – Barack Obama Plaza; Khaylar Tabalisima – O’Connell St, Limerick; Mudassir Zeb – O’Connell St, Dublin; Timea Elseki – Dalys, Killarney; Via De Katalina – Sarsfield Road, Balinasloe; Zaheer Ahmed – Tuam Road, Galway.
- Papa John’s Pizza of the Year (Company) – Westmoreland St, Dublin.
- Papa John’s Pizza of the Year (Franchised) – Thurlas, Co Tipperary.
- Express Outlet of the Year – Bowlers, Killarney.
- QSC Award (Company) – Headford Road, Galway.
- QSC Award (Franchised) – Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
- Retail Outlet of the Year – Spar, Tipperary Town Plaza.
- SuperSubs Outlet of the Year – Barack Obama Plaza.
- Manager of the Year – Rajen Subramamiam, Eyre Sq, Galway
- Franchisee of the Year – Ciarán Stewart