Guaranteed Irish Month launches call to ‘Look out for the G’
99% of members agree the Guaranteed Irish symbol communicates how support for local businesses and communities can help develop a sustainable local economy.
2 March 2023 | 0
Guaranteed Irish has launched Guaranteed Irish Month; a time to remind both consumers and businesses to support each other. With over 2,000 business members that support 120,000 locally based jobs throughout the country, Guaranteed Irish as a national organisation, has an important role to play in this endeavour.
Guaranteed Irish has rolled out a new campaign to the value of €300,000 to highlight and raise awareness of the importance of supporting Guaranteed Irish brands and businesses.
The launch of Guaranteed Irish Month will be supported by various marketing activity across the month, to include TV, broadcast, print, digital and OOH to include RTE, Newstalk, Irish Times, Business Plus, Dublin Gazette and Dublin Bus advertising.
In a recent consumer sentiment survey carried out by RedC Research and Market Dynamics:
- 79% of consumers agree that by buying from Guaranteed Irish businesses they are promoting a sustainable economy.
- 77% of consumers agree that Guaranteed Irish stands out from other brands in its genuine support for Irish jobs, communities, and the circular economy.
- 69% of consumers agree that by buying from Guaranteed Irish businesses they are reducing their carbon footprint.
Guaranteed Irish business members expect to increase employment by 5.5% this year. This is positive news as we navigate a correction in the international tech sector and a cost of living crisis.
- 99% of members agree that the Guaranteed Irish symbol successfully communicates how support for local businesses and communities can help develop a sustainable local economy.
- 96% of members agree that the Guaranteed Irish symbol stands as the primary national symbol of trust and provenance.
- 91% of members agree that they have benefitted financially by having the symbol on POS, packaging, marketing materials or digital communications.
The research also found that over half of Guaranteed Irish member businesses (52%) have a sustainability strategy in place. With this in mind, Guaranteed Irish has launched GuaranteedIrishHouse.ie as initiative to support member businesses. The online listing includes all element of the supply chain required for a building, from raw materials to final furnishings, that can be sourced locally and help reduce the carbon footprint while supporting jobs and business in Ireland.
In recent years Guaranteed Irish has evolved to reflect the global economy. The non for profit supports a network of businesses from indigenous businesses to locally based global leaders throughout the country. The iconic licenced Guaranteed Irish symbol is the national symbol of trust in business in Ireland. Guaranteed Irish businesses make a significant contribution to the Irish economy each year with an annual combined Irish turnover of €14.75 billion.