Editor, ShelfLife Magazine
(ShelfLIfe Magazine, ShelfLife.ie, The Week in Grocery)
Mediateam Ltd is recruiting an editor for ShelfLife, Ireland’s highest circulation print magazine in the grocery and convenience store market. ShelfLife Magazine has influence and authority in the FMCG sector and is highly regarded by retailers, brand owners and the wider supply chain. The job encompasses full responsibility for the online elements including “shelflIfe.ie” and “The Week in Grocery”.
We are seeking an individual who wants to make their mark on a first in class magazine. We will recruit a publishing professional who can identify the inflection point where brand and journalistic excellence come together.
Duties and core skills will include
- Responsibility for cultivating all editorial leads and sources.
- Ability to work under tight monthly deadlines, work ahead; ensure quality editorial is
- Ability to learn and understand the grocery trade
- Represent ShelfLIfe Magazine at industry events and client presentations
- Visiting retailers and other clients and understanding their businesses
- Ability to establish and maintain business relationships in the grocery industry
- This role is for a team oriented professional
The successful candidate will have the ability and desire to establish working relationships with retailers, brand owners, distributors and our advertising community. They will have autonomy and ownership of multiple tasks with weekly and monthly deadlines. They will be
empowered to produce Ireland’s leading monthly trade magazine with a thirty year pedigree. This position requires a candidate with a strong organisational skill set, who is capable of working collaboratively with the commercial team to deliver marketing content.
What the successful candidate will gain from this position
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company emphasis of productivity over presenteeism
- Flexible working hours and attention to work life balance
- Gym and car-parking on site
- Opportunity to learn about the fast-moving consumer goods sector
- Experience of working with a high-performing commercial team
- The chance to put your own creative and journalistic stamp on a highly regarded
- You will join a small business with a proven track record and clear values
- Direct and easy access to company directors
About Shelflife Magazine
ShelfLife magazine is Ireland’s retail authority, the definitive voice in this dynamic sector. ShelfLIfe has the highest circulation amongst retail magazines, distributing an impressive 8,933 monthly copies (June 2022 – June 2023 – ABC audited). This translates to a monthly readership surpassing 35,000 individuals who eagerly engage with our content.
With over 26,274 unique monthly visitors on shelflife.ie, a robust 5,000-strong weekly newsletter readership, and a social media following of 8,500 enthusiastic subscribers across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, we are constantly resonating with an engaged audience. The ShelfLIfe digital edition lands in over 4,800 inboxes every month, culminating in an impressive 80,042+ monthly touchpoints.
Our reach spans the entirety of Ireland, engaging with multiples, symbol groups, off-licences, forecourts, newsagents, and independent grocery stores. ShelfLife Magazine is an integral part of the industry. Our connections and partnerships include the CSNA (Convenience Stores & Newsagents Association), RGDATA, NFRN and NOffLA.
ShelfLife is set apart by our unwavering commitment to cutting-edge content. We are at the forefront of investigative trade news, unearthing stories that matter. From legal insights to recruitment advice, and financial guides, we equip our readers with tools to thrive in the competitive landscape. Covering off-trade, retail technology, and marketing, we offer a comprehensive perspective. Our store profiles and in-depth new product coverage are essential reading for those deeply invested in Irish retailing.
ShelfLife offers its clients access to the very decision-makers and buyers who shape the Irish grocery, food, and drink sectors
Mediateam’s office, with employee car-parking, is located adjacent to the Stillorgan Luas stop.
Please express your interest in this role by sending a CV to John McDonald, Publisher, ShelfLife Magazine, 55 Spruce Avenue, Sandyford Business District, Dublin A94 RP22.