Dirk Niepoort to join Cathryn Bell’s upcoming wine series
Sommelier Cathryn Bell will host the first of The Chef Supper Club’s ‘Potions’ series, commencing 23 September for six weeks
2 September 2021 | 0
Sommelier Cathryn Bell will host the first of The Chef Supper Club’s ‘Potions’ series, commencing 23 September for six weeks. This virtual cinematic wine series features exceptional wines, some of which have been sourced and brought into Ireland exclusively for The Chef Supper Club.
Dirk Niepoort has been announced as the first of many collaborators to join Cathryn Bell the series.
Commenting on the upcoming session with Niepoort, Bell said: “He is a living legend and it is with great honour and delight that I can say that not only has Dirk given his time to personally collaborate with me on this session, but he has also sent 60 bottles of the wine of his own choosing to exemplify his life’s work, especially for this ‘Potions’ series.”
“Potions” isn’t a wine course like you have ever tried before, this is more a global expedition through today’s world of wine in conjunction with some of the world’s greatest winemakers and viticulturists as our personal guides, which has enabled us to secure very special wines to help tell their stories”.
The course will be broken up over six weeks as follows:
- 23 Sept. The Game Changers – A focus on two winemakers whose influence has changed the landscape of the modern wine world
- 30 Sept. The Guardians – Winemakers and viticulturists who are protecting and rejuvenating their winemaking heritage, salvaging old vineyards and traditions and securing these wine legacies for generations to come
- 7 Oct. The Mavericks – The winemakers marching to the beat of their own drum
- 14 Oct. The Diaspora – Grapes away from home – wines that showcase the expression of grapes in unexpected places
- 21 Oct. The Ones to Watch – A look at the winemakers who are making waves today
- 28 Oct. The New Wave – Winemakers at the front of new expressions of old ways
The Chef Supper Club’s platform will allows these stories to be transmitted in an interactive and engaging way, with close collaboration with the protagonists of the stories themselves. Each episode will be presented in a mixed format of live tastings, interactive aspects, along with food pairing suggestions and stories direct from some of wine’s living legends.
The wine course set out by Bell explores the wider context of wine, an unravelling of the stories, the threads of influence, the impact, the context of wine, these stories are still happening in real time, but now we get to be a part of it.
Priced at €650, the six-week course includes 12 bottles of wine (some that have never been in Ireland before), tasting notes, and six live sessions with Bell. There will only be 60 places on this course due to the unique wines you will be tasting in this exciting series.